Tuesday, June 25, 2024

 At the End of Each Day

June 25

We have different gifts according to the grace given us.

Romans 12:6

“How do you deal with the accolades?” John asked Marlie. “I’ve always felt like I was supposed to downplay my part. You know, give all the glory to God.”

Marlie chuckled. “I struggled too until my father gave me this advice. ‘Just say thank you. I love to sing, and it blesses me when someone is touched through my gift.’ Then give the glory to the One Who deserves it at the end of each day.” Marlie continued, “If we declare, ‘It wasn’t me,’ we negate the gift of God, a gift we are meant to share. It also extinguishes the work of the Holy Spirit. But if we allow them to share what God has done through us, we give credibility to the gift.”

She continued, “Paul taught that we have different gifts, and we are to use them. Our songs are a source of encouragement to many. Through our singing, people are lifted above their trials and into the worship of His presence. If you were a renowned artist and someone told you that your painting stirred him deeply, would you feel a need to say, ‘I didn’t paint this; it was God’? Of course not. Just remember, when you lie down for the night, tell Him thanks and that you’re ready to do it all again any time He calls.”

Every good gift comes from God. Not one of us could perform in our daily lives apart from His grace. He has gifted us, equipped us for the work He ordained for us to do.

To the banker who works late hours making sure the figures balance, you are to take comfort in the fact that without your abilities given by God, our financial institutions would suffer collapse. To the waitress who smiles for each customer, you bring lighthearted joy to someone who may be going through a rough time; you are a servant.

Whatever your gift, say thank you and give glory to the One Who deserves it at the end of each day.

Prayer

“For what You do through me, Lord, thank You. I give You the praise I have received this day. Continue to bless and use this gift of Your grace. In Jesus’ Name, amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment